The Administrative Service is one of the major systems in the hospital organizational structure and composed of several departments – Human Resource, Physical Resource, General Services, Procurement, Property and Supply. Each department may comprise of one or more sections. The Physical Resource comprises the Engineering, Dormitory/Canteen, Library/Auditorium, &Conference Halls, Chapel/Morgue, and Printing & Artworks. The Auxiliary includes the Information Admitting, Medical Records, OPD Central Registration, while the General Services composed of the Housekeeping, Janitorial, Security and Linen & Laundry.
The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer directs and manages the activities and functions of administrative departments/sections; and implements policies and guidelines for the delivery of effective and efficient support services.
- Public officials and employees shall at all times be accountable to the people and shall discharge their duties with utmost responsibility, integrity, competence and loyalty, act with patriotism and justice, lead modest lives, and uphold public interest over personal interest.
- Employees shall be afforded opportunity to be heard in any administrative disciplinary action.
- Dissemination of important issues and concerns shall be done at all levels.
- Good manners and professional conduct shall be observed in dealing with fellow workers, patients, clients, general public and other stakeholders.
- Equal opportunity shall be given to employees in case of promotion and/or staff development and training.
- A business-like and client-friendly work environment shall be maintained.
- Formulation and preparation of strategic plan for operation shall be participated by and disseminated to all concerned.
- Participative decision making shall be encouraged in discussing and solving problems, issues and concerns related to administrative service functions.
- Prompt and responsive provision for logistic support shall be ensured.
- Confidentiality of information shall be strictly maintained consistent with existing laws, rules and regulations.
- Preparation of accurate and timely submission of required reports shall be strictly observed.
- Provides technical assistance to the Medical Center Chief in the promulgation and formulation of policies, standard operating procedures and strategies to improve the hospital system and its operation.
- Plans and directs the implementation of policies pertaining to administrative and financial management and operations of the hospital.
- Ensures the provision of uninterrupted logistic support to effectively and efficiently deliver quality service. especially in the following services – dietary, pharmacy, social and an auxiliary departments;
- Provides direction in the conduct of continuous manpower development programs and researches to upgrade the standard of hospital operations and management.
- Recommends approval of appointments, staff assignment, disciplinary and other personnel actions.
- Recommends approval of Work and Financial Plan and the Annual Procurement Program of the hospital.
- Directs the maintenance of the physical conditions of the buildings, facilities, equipment and determines proper space utilization.
- Directs the management and maintenance of the general services department – security, janitorial & linen/laundry
- Plans and directs purchase and inventory control of required resources.
- Directs the management and maintenance of hospital information system.
- Directs the preparation and submission of required reports and official communications.
- Reviews and signs/initials financial reports and other documents.
- Identifies and recommends the need for revision of policies, systems and procedures.
- Monitors programs/projects and activities.