The department envisions a premier training institution in Internal Medicine providing holistic, up to date, and ethical medical care through compassionate service by competent residents with the guidance of experts and support from hospital administration.
To produce Internists who are knowledgeable, research-oriented, proficient and ethical in clinical practice, responsible member of the Philippine College of Physicians and society in general. We, as an institution, try to develop the research potential of Internal Medicine residents by engaging them in research and research related activities
A French writer and historian once said that “Men who are occupied in the restoration of health to other men, by the joint exertion of skill and humanity, are above all the great of the earth. They even partake of divinity, since to preserve and renew is almost as noble as to create,” and as a part of an institution, which is committed to providing comprehensive, globally competitive quality health care services to all, the Department of Internal Medicine ensures that all its internists, both consultants and in-training, are compassionate, knowledgeable, research-oriented, proficient and ethical in clinical practice.
The department caters to all adults through the hospital’s emergency room department, general OPD clinic, subspecialty clinic, tumor clinic and TB-DOTS clinic. Subspecialty clinics available are diabetes, thyroid diseases, nephrology, hematology, gastroenterology, rheumatology, dermatology, infectious diseases, gastroenterology, oncology, pulmonology, cardiology, and CP clearance. Each clinic is being manned by the residents under the guidance of each respective subspecialty consultant. Schedule for each subspecialty clinic are posted at the hospital’s main page.
- General OPD
- All adult patients warranting physician care are initially being seen in this clinic. If such a need for subscpecialty referral arises, said patient will be referred to corresponding subspecialty clinic.
- Outpatient ECG is currently being taken at Rm. 21, outpatient department, and results are available within 3 days after being checked by our cardiologists
- Patients who require further evaluation of epigastric pain, GI bleeding, masses found in the GI tract, and the like are referred to Gastroenterology OPD for further evaluation and are scheduled for endoscopy if such a need arises
- Procedures mentioned are done at RMC endoscopy unit, 2nd floor, RMC main building
- TB-DOTS clinic
- Patients who were found to have pulmonary tuberculosis and needs full-course of treatment are enrolled in this clinic to avail the free TB regimen available c/o the Department of Health
- This clinic also serves as a referral center for complicated TB cases
- Tumor clinic
- All cancer patients are referred to this clinic and are evaluated by our oncologists. Outpatient chemotherapy is also being done here. Chemotherapy regimen which needs admission get admitted under the department of Internal Medicine
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Is a unique specialty that seems to know boudaries of age or diesease entity. It focuses rather, upon functions and interactions of individuals with their environment and society.